Bringing exotic flavor to your kitchen while making a bean soup is apparently not difficult.
This mildly-tasting soup is not only pleasant, but also healthy.
If you are gluten-sensitive you can avoid all-purpose flour. The soup will not change the taste. It will only be a little more liquid.
Keywords: low glycemic index, low glycemic load, detoxifying, high-fiber
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1.5lb mushrooms (exotic will taste better)
- 3-6 cloves garlic
- 1 cup green onions
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 4-5 cups of beef stock
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 (14 oz/398ml) cans of navy beans, drained
- 2 cups of greens
- 1 cup whipping cream or sour cream
- pinch of cayenne
- salt to taste
- Melt butter with mushrooms garlic, and onions. Saute till liquid is released and mushrooms are browned, about 10 min
- Sprinkle with flour and saute for 2 min
- Whisk in stock, wine and beans; bring to boil and simmer for 20 min
- Stir in cream and cayenne
- Decorate with chives
Did you know that food choices reflect your health knowledge? Take this 2-min test to find out your expertise level.