There is an assault on bottled water sales and a strong push towards using pipe water instead. Apparently bottled water is not good for us. Plastic is polluting the environment and causing cancer in humans, and tap water has no bacteria, which makes it safe to drink.
That’s the reasoning of the media that eagerly spreads the message of wisdom coming from our health authorities. This logic sounds very reasonable and appeals to many people. After all we should trust authorities, because the health authorities should know what’s best for us, right?
Approved does not mean healthy
It just so happens that I had my own experience, which shattered my idea that tap water is safe and authorities are on my side. For a long time I have known that pipe water was “dead” water, electromagnetically “dead” that is. In other words it does not promote health. Despite that I have never otherwise questioned the safety of consuming drinking water before. It actually happened unexpectedly.
In my area water from deep wells is considered safe to drink. However, since I was mislead by the health authorities in the past I am cautious. I decided to test the quality of my local water myself. I looked for the most comprehensive water testing kits available. I was interested whether the water was acid or alkaline, what minerals it had, if there was bacteria, and anything else that may affect my health.
My water had pesticides
I found a reliable and actually rather inexpensive test kit. I followed the instructions and did all the tests. The water was not bad except for one shocking discovery: the water showed high levels of pesticides, in fact higher then deemed safe by the authorities. That was initially surprising, but not unreasonable, because the well was surrounded by large masses of agricultural land. I would expect that the pesticides are coming from the farms.
I was alarmed, not because I was personally affected. I wasn’t. I was alarmed because the chemicals had damaging effects on the large conservation land attached to my parcel. Imagine how these pesticides and herbicides affect trees, plants, and wildlife of the area. Pesticides are design to kill. Wildlife such as deer, foxes, and fish do not have a choice, but to drink pesticide water.
How to make your water safer
Did you know you have a major say in the safety of your water? And it is simpler than you think. If you are concerned about pesticide residue in ground water, the well-being of our environment including wildlife you MUST take action.
You must petition for non-toxic and sustainable agricultural practices (such as organic) and no longer buy sprayed produce. Support your natural organic food suppliers. The more sustainable and organic foods you buy the less you support wide-spread use of toxic chemicals. Your dollar has the power to affect the supply and demand and turn bad into good.
From now on your donations to good causes should take a different turn. I should no longer involve dropping money for large organizations that use your dollar to pay their management a hefty salary. Instead, donate at your grocery store by buying organics and supporting sustainable farming. This way you “donate” towards preserving wildlife by spending your dollars on food that come from non-toxic farms. Make a mental note of that and let’s go back to our well story.
The water story starts here
You think our well water test result is bad? Yet the real story starts now. I purchased another test kit just to make sure that I did not make any mistake and I was able to replicate the results. Unfortunately, the test results were the same.
Now curious, I proceeded with testing the tap water. Guess what? The pesticides were there, too. So I retested the water again because I could not believe my findings. Yet the results kept on coming up positive for chemical contamination. I asked the neighbors if they ever tested their tap water for pesticides. They personally have not. They though the municipality has done all the testing and the water has been considered safe. They have never thought that this “safe” tap water may have contributed to their poor health.
No-one tests for pesticides
I visited the municipality with my finding. I thought that this was just a fluke and a temporary state of things. Wasn’t I in for a surprise! I found that the municipality does not test for pesticides and herbicides. Neither do they care to consider testing for them despite my findings. “We do not do it, it is not part of our policy”.
Wow, people! Don’t you live here too? Doesn’t your wife, daughter and son drink this poison? Where are your heads? Have you never heard of pesticides and herbicides as killing agents? Are you wondering why we have cancer epidemics?
The knowledge and indifference of local authorities regarding this topic was eye opening and truly shocking. Nobody cared to check my findings. I started conversing with multiple labs that have the capability to test chemical levels in water.
My experience with the labs
Of course, independent non-government approved labs, were not to be taken seriously by the government officials, so I “should not bother with them”. The only option for me, if I wanted to be taken seriously, was to check the “government authorized labs”, so I did. Although there were few of those available, even fewer tested for pesticides.
I had back and forth conversations with the lab representatives, only to get reluctant and partial answers. One of the available tests was over $350 and tested only two pesticide parameters. The lab did not test for other pesticides and when I pressed for reference ranges and specifics of the pesticides, as well as a history of tests, the conversations ended. I guess, I asked too many inconvenient questions.
Our water is safe, because it has no germs?
I got smarter over time. I no longer look at things that are pointed out for me. There is always a reason why this and not anything else is highlighted. Diversion of attention is a great way to keep public unaware of other likely more important issues.
To see water and other health tests please visit Our STORE