This is a simple vegetarian dish that can be made in less than 10 minutes using basic ingredients and exotic spices.
You can make this inexpensive dish a a hurry yet surprise everyone with the not-so-basic flavor.
Keywords: low glycemic index, low glycemic load, gluten-fee, grain-free, high-fiber
- 2 cans (400ml) of black-eyed peas
- 2 yellow onions
- 1/4 cup minced ginger
- 6 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- Saute onions till soft, about 6-10 min
- Add spices and cook 1-2 min longer
- Add tomatoes and cook additional 10 min
- Mix in yogurt
- Sprinkle with cayenne
- Simmer uncovered for 10 more minutes till liquid evaporates and the dish gets thick
- Sprinkle with cilantro
Did you know that food choices reflect your health knowledge? Take this 2-min test to find out your expertise level.