This is not a joke: lentils, red-delicious apples, and pecans are antioxidant super-powers. Combine them all in a tasty anti-aging meal salad. Mustard which is also high in ORAC gives this mild salad a nice spicy kick.
Keywords: low glycemic index, gluten-fee, grain-free, anti-aging, slimming, high-fiber, heart-friendly, promotes bowel detoxification
- 1.5 cups dried green/brown lentils
- 2 red delicious apples, chopped
- 2-3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1-2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2-4 tbsp olive oil
- Cook lentils in 6 cups of water, about 20-30 min till soft, but not overcooked. Drain.
- Toss lentils with apples, celery, pecans and parsley
- Sprinkle with olive oil, lemon juice and mustard. Mix well
Did you know that food choices reflect your health knowledge? Take this 2-min test to find out your expertise level.