I love cheese! I love vegetables! I love simplicity!
This was a winner at our party last year and despite sophisticated taste nobody expected it to be that simple to make.
Keywords: high fibre, grain-free, gluten-free, sugar-free, low-carb, diabetic-friendly, weight loss friendly
- 8 leeks (white part only), sliced in half
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 cups of Gruyere cheese, shredded
- Arrange leeks on a oven-proof dish
- Pour boiling vegetable broth over the leeks
- Bake the leeks in pre-heated to 375F oven for about 30 min or longer if you want them extra soft
- Sprinkle Gruyere on top and bake/broil for another 5-10 min till cheese is melted
Did you know that food choices reflect your health knowledge? Take this 2-min test to find out your expertise level.